Re: [FWDLK] '55 DeSoto FireFlite Convertible Hemi

Re: [FWDLK] '55 DeSoto FireFlite Convertible Hemi

Been out of the 'loop' for a few days, down at Da B-J pandemonium, & a
lot of y'all probably saw more, on the Tele,  than I did, in person  on
THUR, but I did see, on a restaurant's TV, on FRI nite, that a beautiful
(that I did see, up-close & in person, earlier) 56 red/white Fireflite
convertible sold for 72K (which, by B-J standards, this-time, was a
rich-man's bargain; subject to 8% SELLER's charge & 10% buyer's
commision).

So, I thought I'd mention 'this', before I go & look @ what the man
wants for his 55 'Flite convie.

BTW, Bob Schmidt-restored/owned 59 'stripper red(natch) Firesweep convie
sold for about $280K(IIRC), but Jess Ruffalo's nice (albeit
GOLD-cad-plated) 59 IMP 'Spruce' convertible 'brought' a lot
less--according to word-of-mouth @ the SAT nite cruize-in.

The Biltmore's FRI day-auction featured a red 71 Cuda Hemi stick hardtop
with, like 2.4K miles(!) , & it's owner (who also made an appearance @
the SAT cruise-in said that the car 'sold' for only $300K, & that the
seller had SELLER'S remorse, & that he was seriously thinking about
(trying-to) BUYING the car 'back', as he knows that he can get more for
it, elsewhere (like @ the B-J, duh; cause the Bilt-more's for "Classic"
type cars).

THEN, for all youse, who've suffered thru this, so far, @ the Desert
Valley previously-owned
Car recycling (don't call it "wrecking")  yard, I saw TWO  station
wagons (a coral/gray 57 Sierra, & a red-ish 58 PLY) which have ALL/FULL
(but NOT: awful!) HEADLINER BOWS; these are the off-white-ish
plastic-looking guys, with the cute little-bottom-end caps!

Somebody, here, should go get these fellows!
btw, their headliner 'cardboard' is long-gone.

Took lotsa pics, but they are just that: photographs.

Neil Vedder