Re: [FWDLK] Shifter on dash

Hi...the Dodge A100 has the shifter on the dash also.....John in AZ

From: Tommy Taylor <ttaylor530@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Shifter on dash
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 06:58:05 -0500

It occurred to me Sunday while driving the 55 Dodge around that this is not the first car I have owned with the shifter handle protruding from the dash and operating a two speed tranny.  I had a 63 Corvair which also had the dash mounted shifter.  While much maligned, that little Corvair was fun to drive.  I got it cheap from the gas station boss I was working at to fill in before going to basic and advanced training in the Army in 1967.  It was cheap because it had a blown head gasket ring.   Leaving the engine in the car, I removed the heads and replaced the copper looking ring headgaskets and then reassembled all the sheet metal stuff.  Probably would have been easier to R&R the engine but at the now age of 60, I found there was lots to learn at age 19.

Tom Taylor