Re: [FWDLK] Barrett Jackson 'circus'

Couldn't have expressed it any better myself regarding the "circus" that is currently masquerading as a legitimate classic car auction nowadays.

One thing I thought I might add though, is I thank God for the "mute button" on the remote, when my tolerance of that annoying auctioneer was breeched and that "screaming Mimi" out there trying to drum up some more bids, began to grate on my nerves.

The really bad thing about Barrett-Jackson is that it has been directly instumental in pricing me right out of the classic car market.  Now, EVERYBODY thinks their "iron sled" is worth a veritable fortune.

Karl

DupontTim@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All, Just wanted to sum up my thoughts on the BJ auction. To me it seemed that buyers have become unsure about what is collectable, Clones going for more than original cars, tributes being anointed as instant collectibles, and a lot of head scratching on items that were sold below anticipated value. I hope this period of Unknown Value is short lived, and we can get back to recognizing rarity, originality, and historic value. A new Hemi Cuda can be built ASAP at this point, kinda takes the wind out of your sails if you own a real one.  Rare fifties convertibles like a 59 Desoto, 300G or a 60 Dodge Polara (for us FLers) are a much different animal and announcers seemed like laymen in regard to these cars, didn't they know in advance these rare cars were being offered. Concerning sellers, Please, can we get back to originality or full disclosure, not every 57 Chevy was a fuelie and Not every D500 had Dual Quads. Wording descriptions in cryptic ways is deceptive and tasteless, what ever happened to plain English. Please Define "Correct."  If I want to see a circus (kind word for "freak show") don't I look up Barnum Bailey. Just my opinion. Tim in Golden

Get your own web address.