Van: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Namens eastern sierra Adj Services
Verzonden: vrijdag 26 januari 2007 7:30
Aan: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: [FWDLK] Generic Motors & the Blue Offal

Nobody's yet mentioned that this year saw the further demise of
Chrysler, as it declined/failed to sponsor the B-J auction.

Until 2006, CHRY had been the sole car-sponsor of the B-J, and they had
a combination of pure show/prototype cars, and
production models displayed under the 'Big-Top', where everybody passed
by them, and could sit in them (the production models, anyway) and get
literature, & B.S with some Corp reps, there.... a good time, &
undoubtedly, a great corporate tie-in/promo, too.

THEN, for the previous 3 years, CHRY had had a short 1/4 mile "Test
Drive" route, set up , where the convertibles, SRT-8's ,SXT's ,Jeeps
could be sat in & admired, while driving up to 15 mph, but,
speed-isn't-everything. huh?

Lat year, the Blue Offal showed up, and shared the entry Big-Top scene,
and even the Test Drive area, but, objectively-speaking, it seemed like
2/3:1/3 favored MoPar vehicles, there.

This year, on TUES, I saw Mark of Excrement logo sharing the dais with
the Blue Awful, so had a bad feeling about Deadler's sponsorship
abandonment , and , sure enough, upon entering, not a Mope in site.

So, as entertaining as carnivals  might be, and after about 12 years' of
attendance, this may have been my last winter retreat  to the Great
SouthWest.

Neil Vedder