Re: [FWDLK] '58 fan pulley

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the power steering pump is driven directly from the crankshaft pulley., so i dont think you need the fan pulley with 2 grooves. This may not be true for the 350 motor. Dick
----- Original Message -----
From: accf-club
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 3:53 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] '58 fan pulley

My friend has bought a 318 w/o power steering pump but he needs to add the PW st !!!
here are two pics of the old (single groove) pulleys
http://www.accf.com/poulies1.JPG
http://www.accf.com/poulies.JPG

In fact he needs the same stuff but with dual grooves !!!!
My inquiry was "is the 2128570 a replacement for the fan (driven) pulley ?
and is the 330058314187 eBay a replacement ?

Thanks

eddee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit:
HI PHIL
There were 2 pulleys (well,,kind of)
One was a true 2 groove pulley that bolted on to a harmonic balancer.
The balancer had a hub that bolted to the crankshaft.
The other was a one piece pully/hub combo that went right on to the crankshaft
EITHER WILL WORK
and interchange

The one piece thingey was for the early POLYS as only the poly  'FURY' had the harmonic balancer in 57 and 58.

GOOD LUCK
ED ECKERSON