Re: [FWDLK] Car acronyms

Another one that was missed -

KIA = Killed In (the) Accident...   which is honestly the first thing I thought when I saw this little tiny car with "KIA" on the rear hatch...

Bill K.

(who's also had the fun of an old tire seperating and blowing at speed on the NYS Thruway - a front no less - )

PS. Speaking of the tire thing, any thoughts on dry-rotted old bias plys?   Can I run around on them enough to get an idea what they feel like (say 10 miles of mixed city traffic and highway speeds), or do I chance those seperating and blowing up?   I've never driven a car with them all around, but I've towed a couple with them on - one with tubes, one without.  The ones I'm thinking of aren't too bad with cracking, but they all show some to various degrees.

I ask because I have a cheap beater '50 Chevy (yeah, a GM, but a 57 year old car that runs and moves for $200, how could I pass it up?) that I may actually get to driving this summer.  Figure I may as well give 'em a test drive before I try something else.  I'll have to cut crappy patchwork out of the rear wheelwells to put anything wider on there anyhow, but I can then swap on some radials from another car and see how it handles and decide what tires to buy for it from there.