To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 5:17 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Rubber Straps

I just picked up a '58 Chrysler New Yorker and it is equipped with something I've never seen before. There are two long thick rubber straps hanging down purposely touching the ground at the front of the car just back of the front bumper. Seems that they could be grounding straps for lightning or something?? Not sure if these are after-market items, like old JC Whitney stuff or a dealer item or an actual Mopar option. Anyone heard of these before? Thanks, Nick Nichols