[FWDLK] '59 361 Cid 4bbl/auto choke combo

[FWDLK] '59 361 Cid 4bbl/auto choke combo

Hello everyone.

I am building a '59 Dodge 361 engine that had a 2 bbl carb on it. I want to use a 4bbl carb and am looking for some info.

I have a 4 bbl intake from a '58 Dodge 350 engine--P/N 1737708. It has an auto choke well on the right side. I am trying to find a 4 bbl Carter AFB and choke combo that will work on this manifold. I am sure that all '58 350 Dod and Ds Sota  and 59-60 361 engines used similar carbs and chokes.

According to the catalogs at the NAPA store, Carter AFB #s 2773 and 2801 were used on both '58. and '59 Dodges.and probably '59 Ply too. DeSota used the 350/361 engine in 58 and 59 , so it probably used then also. Their books showed no auto choke #  back that far tho.

Carter 4 bbl #s 2787 and 2794 show up in the '59s also.( The duel set up used #s 2812 and 2813). So I have some questions.

Does anyone have a '58 or '59 parts cataolge that can be used to confirn these #s---or can tell me what the right ones are? What carbs will also work for my application?

Can anyone give me the Chrysler  P/N of the auto choke assy?

Does anybody have one of these carbs that is in rebuildable condition, and /or an auto choke  that they would sell?

If I were to buy a new Edelbrock AFB with an electric choke on it, how would I know what CFM to pick?  Is there some rule of thumb or a formula that would tell you what CFM to use on a 361 cid engine ?

I have a Carter AFB # 2991 that fits a  '60 Ply/Dod 318 engine , but it won't work on a B block intake. It has been professionally rebuilt, has never been used and is in perfect condition. I would be glad to trade for what I need or sell it if any one is intrested.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks   Jim

Jim Ruckdashel
4241 Singing Post Lane
Roswell, GA 30075
770-992-9746