Re: [FWDLK] rust prevention - what to do?

Re: [FWDLK] rust prevention - what to do?

In a message dated 2/13/2007 12:17:44 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I've thought about drilling holes in the rockers large enough to at least get in and spray, then plugging them with rubber/plastic knockout plugs like the ones used on floor pans.
Back "In the day", some of the engineers at Chrysler took their new cars, temporarily plugged the rocker drain holes, poured a quart or so of Rustoleum primer into them and drove around for awhile that way.  Then they drained and dried them.  I have no idea whether it helped, but always figured it couldn't hurt, unless it dribbled out onto the rear wheels, etc.

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan