Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] POR 15

I?ve used POR-15 for many years (10 maybe?) and have had good results.  I usually pick up a quart at a spring swap meet and another quart at a fall swap meet.  It actually works better if you apply it right over existing rust; after cleaning off the loose stuff.  On bare metal I think you have to prep the metal with one of their other products. I?ve found it works especially well on outer surface of rusty gas tanks.  I?ve sealed pin hole leaks in gas tanks by applying a layer of fiber glass cloth and several coatings of POR-15.  A warning for any potential new users out there ? wear gloves ? if you get it on your hands it?s take a week to wear it off.  Also after opening the can for the first time you have to be sure and seal it again correctly because if air gets to the product it?ll harden and you?re out $$$$.  I think last fall it was $31 a quart.