Re: [FWDLK] POR 15

Larry Gardinier emailed me on how he deals with the sealing problem.  I don’t think he will mind if I share it.  If I read it right; what he does is:  Do not open a new can of POR-15; leave the lid on.  Instead drill a small hole in the side of can and dispense the paint directly on paint brush thru this tiny hole.  When done with the job, simply use a sheet metal screw to seal hole (maybe use rubber washer also) and store can on its side with screw facing upward. Ingenious.  Can’t wait to try this on my next new quart.

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Reitz
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:38 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] POR 15

In a message dated 2/13/07 6:56:49 PM Pacific Standard Time, ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Also after opening the can for the first time you have to be sure and seal it again correctly because if air gets to the product it’ll harden and you’re out $$$$.

A trick to eliminating the air in a paint can is to place clean pebbles in the paint to bring the paint level up to the rim.  Then with the lid on, virtually no air exists.  In addition, I store my paint cans upside down.  This also aids in  keeping air out of the can.

Dan Reitz

Northridge, CA