Re: [FWDLK] gas and animals

Nick,
Sounds like you have the gophers from "Caddyshack" in your yard! Nothing a 12 gauge ( a bit of overkill ) can't cure! We had problems with rats chewing holes in plastic gas cans and chewing spark plug wires off the skid loader in the machine shed here on the farm. Take a good look at the chew marks... you can tell if it is a rat, a gopher, a mouse, or a bigger varmint. Try "Purina Assault" ... one feeding... they die...and so will your neighbors cat and dog if they get into it...Hmmmmm! That took care of it here, along with about $50 for new gas cans, gas, and spark plug wires. As far as the critter sucking the propane out of the tank... sounds like it would have to be a rat on crack! ps: If you live near a stream or pond....check for beavers and/or muskrats...they will chew plastic just as fast as wood... once again...12 gauge! Down on the farm...John in WI winnnnnnndyyyyyyyyyy...snooowyyyy lots of drifts! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Sperduto" <drt-rdr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 6:08 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] gas and animals

Thought I would ask here. Since some of you folks probably have cans of gas for lawn equip like I do.<L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> I don't like to keep my cans of gas in my work garage and I leave them outside my garage, but I have some kind of animal that likes to eat the plastic can, even if there is gas in them. So far it's chewed holes in the side of 3 plastic cans, chewed the spout in half on two cans and chewed a hole in the gas cap of my snow blower.
Of course I know the best course of action is to put the can inside.
but any idea what kind of animal seems to love gas so much.

Probably the same one that chewed my propane hose on my camper and barbecue and sucked out all my propane.