Date:    Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:26:27 -0800

From:    eastern sierra Adj Services <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: "Splain THIS, to me....

--WebTV-Mail-17126-4543

OK, the attached pic is lousy, but it shows Ron Mog's 56 NY'er, that

he's fixin up, to take to Tulsarama.

Anyway, he (& I) had thought that the door hinge-piller's metal VIN tag

had been 'spot-welded' to the door post.

He discovered that the VIN tag had MERELY been "punched" into

PRE-existing(??)  mating-HOLES, cut into the hinge piller.

I say "pre"-cut, because, if the VIN tag would

have been 'punched' into the hinge piller, the "punch" would have had to

penetrate the VIN tag, in order to punch holes clean-thru the

heavy-steel hinge piller!!!

So, the mating-holes HAD to have preceded the VIN tag being 'punched'

INTO those holes.

Again, there was ONLY a physical -attachment (via the punch-depressions)

of the Vin tag, to the hinge piller.

Neil Vedder

Rich Barber