Re: [FWDLK] old gas solution

I do this myself. I keep 20 gals or so around here for Tractors, Mowers and suchlike, in 1, 2 & 5 gal cans. When a container sits too long and starts to smell wrong, it goes into my Dakota gas tank. I take the can with me to the station, pour it into the empty tank and fill it up with new. If it's real old, I only do this with a few gals at a time.

Too many years ago, working in a VW dealership, we had lots of bad gas in the winter. Cars would come in with dirty gas from the Station, watered gas from Condensation, or old from sitting. I'd pump it into a gas buggy, and Clean te systems out. When the buggy was full, pull in my 300L and "Fill'er up". The buggy had a filter on it what took out most of the dirt. Ran most of the winters for 3 years on this crap and never had a problem. Rarely bought gas during the winters. The old "L" with 400K + on it, didn't care. The guys in the shop thought I was nuts, but I was running on free gas and they weren't.

Regards, Ray