[FWDLK] TULSA: (It's a GAS, GAS, GAS)....

[FWDLK] TULSA: (It's a GAS, GAS, GAS)....

Couple comments, on one post:

First: A personal friend (single mom) had her
otherwize-"good"-18-year-old-son recently get burned over 40% of his
body, when he, as part of a (typical-for-this area)  night-time desert
"party", had someone create a "gasoline bomb"
(about which, I otherwize know nothing).

Anyway, it apparently failed to ignite, so, this
'Rhodes Scholar'  reportedly attempted to KICK it , but, in so doing,
caused it to ignite, & he got very badly burned, & was air-lifted to a
burn-center.

I know nothing about the thermodynamics of a kicked container of
gasoline, with some sort of igniter-"system", but it is fair to say that
the fire-ball probably ignited his clothing; the extent to which
hydrocarbons might , already,
have been adhering to his clothing, I don't know.

But, I do know that gasoline is an explosive agent, as opposed to laquer
thinner, naptha, etc, which are inflamatory agents.

Now, in Re: Ron Swartly: well, I gues you will not grace us with your
presence (maybe you and Roger Van Hoy can get together, somewhere) in
Tulsa.

As I am readily conceded to be cynical, too,  (brother Ron) , I feel
free to acknowledge  the common definition of a cynic, which is:

"A person who knows the COST of everything, but the VALUE of nothing."

There is NO way (even by the wildest-extension of Urban Mythology) that
Virgil has been pre-
exhumed, from right in front of the Tulsa County Courthouse.

If a person doesn't want to commune with others of a similar 'bent',
(and, there are probably a LOT of others, in addition to Rodger & Ron)
that's FINE with me;  as they used to say : "There's eight-million
stories in the Naked City".

I don't own a PLY, & probably never will; but I will be in Tulsa, to see
& to examine a brand new 50-year old car. And, to commune with others of
a similar bent.

Neil Vedder