Date:    Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:14:03 -0500

From:    ted dudley <moparp2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Old Gas

One member wrote the following on Old Gas: "Weed control, clean greasy

parts, fire starter, a few of the many uses for old, stale, foul smelling

gasoline!  None of these uses are legal in WI if not all of the United

States."

PLEASE don't use gas as a fire starter. I had a young man working for me at

a Marine Dealership in Atlanta, GA who was asked to burn the engine crates

out back in "The Pit".  Not being the brightest light on the Christmas

tree, he poured USED TWO CYCLE GAS on the pile and then stepped back to

light it off.  We, who work on engines, know that liquid gas does not burn.

It's the vapors that ignite.  As you pour gas out of a container on to

anything, the vapors WILL get inside your cloths. As soon as Tommy lit the

match, he went up in flames first, not the crates and he spent many months

in the hospital being treated for the burns over 85% of his body. He will

carry the scars for the rest of his life.  I believe this is my first post

to the list server, but it is a subject close to my heart, and a sight I

will never forget. As a two tour Vietnam era Marine Corps S/SGT, I saw a

lot, but that is one thing I don't want to happen to any of our members.

I'm not picking on the member who posted this, I'm just concerned about our

safety as restorers of these great MoPars.   Ted,  Ocala, FL

ted dudley