Re: [FWDLK] DayLight Savings Time

Well, just fix it!
They are very simple and easy to repair. Most clocks of this era have a spring loaded ratchet, a solenoid, and a set of points. It should have 24/7 power, and it works like this. When the ratchet gets to the bottom of its travel, the points close. This energizes the solenoid, which pulls the ratchet back to the top of its travel. The spring pulls it down and it ticky tockys for about 2 minutes, 'til it gets to the bottom and starts the cycle over again. When they are working, you'll hear a ticking for about 2 minutes and then a thump (the solenoid) and then ticking again.

Access is either by undoing the nuts on the studs on the back and lifting the can off or pealing up the little tabs that are holding it together.

Usually, the points are dirty/corroded and only need to be filed. Clean any dirt out, lightly lube the ratchet and you should be good to go.

Go slowly and figure it out, I may have left out something, it's been too long ago I was fixing these.

Regards, Ray