Re: [FWDLK] Plymouth Engine

In a message dated 3/12/2007 1:20:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ALIENVOICE@xxxxxxx writes:
Check out this engine.  I asked the owner/seller what engine was in this car, as it does not look like any engine in my 57-59 Dodges, and he replied it was the original engine, just rebuilt.  Is my eyesight that far off?

Also, what size engine would this Plymouth normally have from the factory?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290092197733

It doesn't look quite right, but it's been a very long time since I looked under the hood of one of those.  It looks funny just because of the color.  I don't recognize the air cleaner, either.  I used to own a '57 Belvedere hardtop, from 1960 until about 1966.  It came with a 318 Cubic inch single rocker engine.  I see the Torqueflite shifter, so it is a 3-speed.  The paint is "Dusty Coral", but the trim paint is not an original color.

I noticed that in some pictures the car has a grille, and in some it doesn't.  I also note that there is an extra license plate on the back, apparently from some foreign country.  I can't quite put that together in my head, unless someone left it on as souvenir from a previous life.  Or maybe it is a taxi cab plate?

At any rate, there is far too much rust in all the usual places for my taste.

Need an engine?  I have the 354 Poly and torqueflite from my 1957 Chrysler.  It needs total rebuild, but ran when removed from the car.

Joseph L. Savard
855 Orion Rd.
Lake Orion, MI 48362
jlsavard@xxxxxxx