Re: [FWDLK] Carter carb ID

Mark J. Hash wrote:

I have a couple of Carter 4 bbl carbs I'd like to know their specific applications please. First I took off a junkyard '56 Plymouth, is a 2302 S, under that number on the aluminum tag is L5 and under that is 3. Second carb I was told came off a '55 DeSoto, tag number 2590 S, with the smaller numbers of B7 and under that a 4. What do the little bitty numbers on the Carter tags mean? Is it a build date maybe? Also, I know this subject has been covered before, but I have a severely stuck 301 now soaking in Marvel Mystery Oil. If this doesn't unstick it what are some *unusual* or unorthodox methods of unsticking it before it earns the nickname BA (boat anchor)? Mark mjh

2302  56 Plymouth PopwerPack  so dats ones a 4bbl??
2590  57 Chrysler Imp and NY so its for the 392

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy