From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark J. Hash
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 5:54 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Carter carb ID

I have a couple of Carter 4 bbl carbs I'd like to know their specific applications please.  First I took off a junkyard '56 Plymouth, is a 2302 S, under that number on the aluminum tag is L5 and under that is 3.  Second carb I was told came off a '55 DeSoto, tag number 2590 S, with the smaller numbers of  B7 and under that a 4.  What do the little bitty numbers on the Carter tags mean?  Is it a build date maybe?

Also, I know this subject has been covered before, but I have a severely stuck 301 now soaking in Marvel Mystery Oil.  If this doesn't unstick it what are some *unusual* or unorthodox methods of unsticking it before it earns the nickname BA (boat anchor)?

Mark   mjh
'57 Fury
'57 Savoy 2d ht
'61 De Soto