Re: [FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] GM to buy Chrysler Group?

Re: [FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] GM to buy Chrysler Group?

I have two Chargers, a 1966 and a 1968 R/T.

A few years ago, DC toured their Charger prototype around the show circuit.
Penni and I liked it (four doors and all) and started saving for one.
When the production model arrived, it was a Magnum ( I thought that was a
Dodge engine with a four-barrel ) and had four doors and automatic trans only.
After waiting 25 years for a new mopar with V8, manual trans, and rear-wheel drive,
a dozen of us went to the NAIAS to see the Challenger prototype and protest the
bait-and-switch tactics.  We told them to keep the Challenger like the prototype.

I tried to show them photos of my cars:
1966 Charger  -  >From the Car Corral of the Mopar Nationals
1968 Charger R/T  -  nice all original drive train
1965 Barracuda Formula S  -  nice Arizona car
1968 Barracuda Formula S  -  nice 383 4 speed  NC car
1969 Barracuda Formula S  -  nice 340 California car
and
2005 Mustang GT  -  Lime Green 5 speed  that I bought instead of the new "Charger"

They didn't care.

Just announced on headline news was the possible Chrysler sale, and they
reported how the unions on both sides of the ocean are gearing up to raise a fuss.

(Sarcasm on)   That will help.   (/Sarcasm off)

FWDLK content:  My 1955 Coronet is a nice two door standard trans Oklahoma car.

Tom S
Southern Ohio