Re: [FWDLK] Future of Chrysler Group?

I love my 57 Plymouth(Forwardlook content). I also agree with Marv. $5000 into a mid 80's Toyota truck? I don't know where you live but all that is left of them around here is iron oxide along the side of the road and whats left in the recycling yards. I have had several Dakotas since they came out in 87 and all have been excellent. Latest is a 2005 SLT Club Cab with 6 cyl. 6 speed Getrag manual and Posi 355 axle. 26 mpg highway and 20 city all the time totally trouble free and a pleasure to drive. Has a real truck bed that you can put a real load in unlike those mini trucks and I include S10 and Ranger in that catagory as well as the foreigners. Previous Dakota was a 97 that served equally well and had absolutely no rust after 8 salty New York winters. Its only drawback was the Japanese sourced 5 speed was not up to the quality of the rest of the truck. We don't buy new cars ( my wife drives a 1995 Grand Cherokee that has been a remarkable vehicle, and won't part with it)so I can ony say that in the truck area Dodge has it nailed.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Future of Chrysler Group?

In a message dated 3/19/2007 2:53:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cgico@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
My friend's son's new Durango gets 10 to 12 mpg and has all the good looks of a football with Down's Syndrome.
Lots of %#*#  in the previous letter so let me say that I just took delivery of my third Durango, a 2007 with a greatly improved front end..like the Nitro. ..I usually put 35,000 miles a year on them and this is my second in the latest series. I order them fairly well loaded and always tow my car hauler so the tow package is required as are the skid plates for Colorado mountain roads.  I find the 5.7 Hemi to be excellent and at 300 feet above sea level or lower can get over 20mpg on the high way.  Around town 15-16 mpg.  That isn't speculation but what I get.... NO body ever accused a Land Cruiser (aka Land Crusher) or the land barges from Nissan to be very well styled or particularly economical.

On durability, I just today did a brake job on my son's 2000 Dodge Stratus...2.4L and it has 165,000 miles and the engine is very quiet and does not burn any oil...He thinks he will get 300,000 miles before he replaces it..we gotta quite thinking only Japanese do that.

The Durango is an excellent SUV and the 2007 is the best yet.  But that is from experience , not somebody's neighbors kid's girlfriend.