Re: [FWDLK] Block Huggers...

i've been using the sanderson headers for a while on many cars... basically, they're garbage... but the primary tubes are a decent size, the ports are haphazardly larger than the ports on my brodix and indy big block alum heads, but.... no 2 pieces are demensionally alike- their jigs must have a sloppy amt of tolerance when being mocked up and welded, the problems i've run into with them:
the flanges aren't true,  the collectors collide with the block preventing a port seal with 1 gasket,  they quench their work for production speed- hence, the tubes constantly crack at the flange and collector- i have a set that has been welded up about 4 times now.

but-  who else makes b/rb huggers?   i got a few pairs off ebay- not sandersons- they looked good- almost a chrome plating to boot-  but only the center ports/bolt holes align with the block, the end ports line up to head ports , but bolts are off about 1/8- 3/16 o.c.

all in all, i've dimpled them, ground flanges, pie cut tubes, etc to make them work in different 57-9 applications.

so if someone out there has heard of other brands [other than sanderson or the ebay store crap]  i'd be interested in hearing about it.
as a side note i bought a bendpak 5000 at the end of the season last year to help outfit my personal shop... so in conjunction with the availability of pre-made flanges, and the possibility of being able to upload my specs into a local shop's waterjet mill, i will be making a few sets of 1-off headers.... i've seen it do pipes down to 1.5" and i have the dies... have to see just how well it works for this endeavor-  2" and up is phenominal so far... if anyone figures they'll need more than 14 exh systems done over the next few years, i highly recommend getting one of these nice littel 1600lb machines.... it will pay for itself in no time !!

See what's free at AOL.com.