From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tommy Taylor
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 5:51 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Positive vs negative ground

I have two 1955 Dodges with one being a Coronet and the other a Custom Royal (recently acquired).   The Coronet has a positive ground 6 V system.  The Custom Royal has an 8 V battery and the positive cable goes to the solenoid and the negative cable to the engine block.  This is the exact opposite of my Coronet.  The Custom Royal spins the motor over faster when starting and everything works fine on both cars.  Can someone help me understand what has happened here?  I know people used to put 8V batteries in the 6V cars and tweak the regulator some but the differences in grounds throws me off here.  Tom Taylor