Re: [FWDLK] REAR LEAF SPRINGS 1957 PLYMOUTH

Re: [FWDLK] REAR LEAF SPRINGS 1957 PLYMOUTH

Wayne: there are some remanufactured (NORS) 4 1/2-leaf springs on the
Epay, right now.

I have some experience, with rear springs.

What I did was score a set of 1962 (coincidentally; any-year will "do",
though) Chrysler stationwagon leaf springs (6-leafers)

Then: (and BECAUSE, the exact-year of the springs doesn't matter!) I
re-used my cars main/long-leaf, and "stacked" the wagon's leafs onto it,
to create 5-full leafs (with the tail-section of the shortest-leaf
extending on to BOTH sides of the axle, instead of the 'half-leaf'
ending AT the axle) .

If you want to be 'slick', you could ask that spring shop to produce
some stationwagon-rated leaf springs, and then"play" with combining your
car's leafs, with the "wagon"  leafs, if you find something objectional
with the ride height or stiffness of the "wagon "
springs.

I don't know/recall what model your car is, but if its not a Fury, you
might find/install some heavier torsion bars.

Your bar's part numbers are visible, on the very tail-ends of them,
at/on their rear "anchor" supports.

The standard 1" bars are coded 950 & 951.

The Fury Bars are 1.04" and are coded 952 & 953.

Then, there are the gas-filled shocks, that are available, now, on epay.

Neil Vedder