Re: [FWDLK] FREE Advertising !!

Well, John, the "answer" is: how bad do you want "it", & how RARE IS
it????

$40.00 INCLUDING shipping really isn't so bad
for the license surround, CONSIDERING that you have incurred NO
cost/expense in finding it.

In other words, suppose you got this guy @ a swap meet: driving
time/mileage 'expense; parking fee (@ a lot of venues) entry fee, and
other expenses, too.

You/I walk around the place; maybe we even MISS seeing the part, or, it
gets sold just before we get there, or, we turn-it-down, but go back
(having returned to our senses) & THEN: we can't FIND the guy/space, or
he's already sold it.

The seller of this piece, has to respond to 'me', check out the part,
remove it from the  car, & package/mail it out to 'me'.

And, make some money on the transaction, as well as acquire the car, &
store/maintain/preserve it, while waiting for 'my' call to arrive, and,
I might not want to buy it, after all.

And, there HAVE been quite a few items, that have shown up, on Epay, in
the past few years, where, upon 1st 'blush', appeared to be very rare,
only to have quite a few of them subsequently appear.

ONE current example has been the guy who is selling 6x9" rear speaker
'systems'; his supply appears to be bottom-less.

Some of "James Victor's" postcards have brought BIG-bux (the 57
Adventurer, in Scottsdale immediately comes to mind), only to have that
same PC be available, and to be able to be  purchased very cheaply, on
sites where the sellers are not as astute in the promotion/advertising
OF their sites!

The "problem", with ebay's free-market-system
is in its (world-)WIDE distribution, AND the fact that, altho complete
cars may have gotten outrageously expensive, a LOT of people CAN afford
to 'drop' up to $1k , on individual parts!!

The NOS 57 Dodge D501 EMBLEM sold on the 'pay, last year for OVER
$1,200.00.

Neil Vedder