Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] dual points or electronic?

I vote for a PerTronix conversion. It fits right into the original distributor and replaces the points. Not external modules. Then you get the original advance curve and vacuum advance.

http://www.pertronix.com/

All these conversions do not make a bigger spark, just a more reliable trigger of the coil. If you want an improved spark for better starting and performance applications, throw away your 6000 volt original 50 year old coil and put in a modern 40,000 volt coil. PerTronix has one that looks stock and can operate without the ballast resistor. The ballast resistor could be left in for appearance and bypassed.

Dave Homstad

56 Dodge D500

56 Dodge convert