To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] dual points or electronic?

I've got nine messages, saved, on the subject of electronic ignition
systems (versus points-
system).

The gist of the comparative analysis seems to be : E.I. will operate
flawlessly, and maintenance-freely, and provide better mileage and
performance, than a Points-ignition system, but can/will fail without
any warning (and at the worst-possible moment), whereas a Point-system
will perform OK, but will operate progressively-worse, but should not
catastrophically  fail.

There also does not appear to be any practical
way to test the operating-health of an E.I. system.

Is that about it?

Neil Vedder