Re: [FWDLK] Acetone revisited

Ed, that was I, who had posted about field-testing the acetone.

Long story less: there were too many variables, involved in normal
driving, to draw any concrete conclusions about its net effect, on
mileage.

Myth Busters, coincidentally, did an examination of acetone's effect, &
altho I didn't see the episode, they reportedly tested a new/modern F.I.
car, and an old, carbureted  70+-ish Old mobile, performing on a
dynomometer.

Their test results were supposedly inconclusive, or slightly deleterious
(bad) with acetone usage.

Interestingly, altho Mythbusters does repeat its episodes, I haven't
been able to watch the show.

Speaking OF variables, there is the issue of altitude-effect (I live at
4k') , gas quality/grade,
type/compression ratio/tune of engine system, and style of driving, AND
modifications to the
engine, that I made (installed a viscous fan clutch, and something else,
I did, too) after I established a mileage baseline, on a long trip,
after I started using acetone.

I may try installing a few ounces, with a couple
tankfuls, enroute to Tulsaville.

So, acetone did not, apparently, produce dramatically different  (+/-)
results during my around-town-mostly driving experience, with it.

Neil Vedder