Re: [FWDLK] CHRYSLER: an American company

Re: [FWDLK] CHRYSLER: an American company

Dave Stragand (Dr. S.) , this whole discussion is off-topic, but you DID
instigate it, so feel free to slap this down, but, to answer Bill
Watson, and any other Dr.Z fans,  Z was a corporate front man whose job
was to put a smiley face on the German ownership of Chrysler.

As a front man, he WAS supposed to be the personification of Chrysler
("Group").

Some of us might recall that Chrysler did NOT need any
financial/economic "saving", when Bobbie Eaton  "fronted"  the sell-out
of Chrysler, to the Germans.

The mass  exodus of Chrysler executives, post-sell-out speaks volumes
about the
righteousness of the purchase, which was
"sold" (apparently, to most everyone, but me;
please see my last 1998  WPC Club "Photo Contest" essay, as the Club
wouldn't print, otherwize, my protest to the sell-out).....as a
"merger-of-equals".

So, I'm willing to concede that Z. was probably not a wife-beater, but
he WAS the personification of the death of Plymouth (which COULD have
been Chrysler's Family-Transportation (now: "Green") division.

But, Deader knows and cares nothing about entry-level cars, or
developing Brand-Loyalty, except for producing diesel taxi cabs, in
Europe.

So, is Z. a wonderful human being?

Do I CARE, about his smiling mustache?

Am I thrilled that Chrysler is once again owned by Americans, who may
have the last chance (once again) to save the company?

Neil Vedder