[FWDLK] Valve covers

Valve covers?...On my car 57 301 V8 Plymouth the valve covers have 3 bolts attaching it to the heads...I have another set that have only 2 holes, but have the spark plug wire holders attached, what is the 2 hole set for?
Other wise they look the same both sets have the "Z" type pattern on the lower edge and will set on the heads fine, one set has two bolt holes and the wire holder and the other has three bolt holes and no wire holders...