Re: [FWDLK] canister old filter

I learned early in my career to dip my finger in some oil and wipe it around the seat area on the block with spin-on oil filters. This does two things, lubes the seal so the filter will tighten nicely and makes sure the old rubber seal came off with the filter. I can't tell you how many filters I've removed and found 2 seals. Many came in after 1-2 thousand miles with a bad oil leak where the seal blew out.
Ray