Re: [FWDLK] tires

In a message dated 6/1/2007 10:57:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bacchus_lane@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Greetings to All,  With the current discussion on Coker Tires, it causes me to ponder...(and no, I am not driving a 100-point resto) under what conditions would I buy specialty tires such as these?  If they only have an estimated 20k life span, and if the manufacturer is not willing to be a 'stand-up' kind of guy, why would I not only (potentially) endanger my life but also those around me?
Regarding the current tire life comments:
I note that the tires in question have been in service for 10 years.  Regardless of the mileage on them,  Owners of travel trailers/motor homes have been advised to replace tires after 5 years, even when they are low mileage.  They just don't expect them to reliably last longer.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan

See what's free at AOL.com.