[FWDLK] 56 Dodge 2dr ht for sale

A guy I bought a car from has this for sale -

'56 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer 2dr hardtop.  Red Ram poly motor, automatic.

The car was parked in a garage in 1963 and basically forgotten.  Bodywise, it only needs lower rear quarters - the rest is straight and solid, the quarters were repaired at least once back in the day and the filler's bubbled up in big patches.  The left rear frame has rotted under the rear seat, ahead of the axle, and the rear rails have weak spots.

The interior is near perfect.  I see some rotted floors and the carpet is weak on the driver's side in front, and the kick panels are both loose, one is missing.  The rear carpet is perfect; the seats are presentable as is, the door panels are nice and they even have the anodized inserts.  Steering wheel is nice.  Has radio (dual rear antennas too).

The motor was taken out, taken apart, but comes with it.  He got the car 4-5 years ago, has stored it inside, had a helper take the motor out so they could start to redo the car, got inside to see it was just stuck from setting, and that was as far as they got.  I think based on the presence of a 4bbl carb that the motor is the Super Red Ram 315 Poly, 230 HP.  Not the Hemi, but only one step down from it.

The car is currently black with a red top, it appears the upper portion and deck were once painted a cream color, and the interior is white/cream and black.  It is missing one or two scripts, one Lancer on the front, and one rear is bent.

Otherwise the car is 100% complete, I believe it even has a New York State registration.  I took some digital photos of it the other day I can send if folks are interested.  Think of it as being able to buy a 1963-era used car still registered to the original or second owners.  Basically the people who had the car parked it in a basement garage, and died or were unable to drive, and it was forgotton until this gentleman bought it.  He's just too busy to get to it and needs to clear out his storage building.

I think that the weak frame keeps it from being quite a #5 condition car, but it's in good enough shape it's worth repairing or replacing the frame in.  $2500 or best offer - I don't think that's a bad starting point.

Drop me an e-mail off list if you're interested, I can send the photos and put you in touch with him.

Bill K.