Re: [FWDLK] Buried plym Starting

well,

this may be as close to the tulsa car as it gets..... i pulled a 57 savoy out of storage in PA back in 97 or so.... with the inspection due in 1963... so it sat from 62-late 63 until the doors to the barn were opened 35 yrs later-  as for starting it- even thought i didn't care about the 230 that would only be inservice to drive in and out of the garage a few times before making room for a 440.... i counted on the fact that the 30xxx mile bearings still have an oil film, pulled the orig wires from the plugs, removed the plugs to negate compression, put a little thin oil into the cylinders and free-cranked it until oil pressure came up- filed points, got spark, a temp gas source and orig plugs back in, ran so smooth you can put a glass of water on its flat head...

with that- the poly with no mileage should probably have its distrubutor pulled, drive gear shaft pulled and prime the pump as a new motor should be, that is as long as its still a polyblock and not a pile of scale-

ever think about the hardly-corrosoin-resistant antifreeze of the day working on those steel head gaskets all these years- or did the possible drain the coolant?   its underground, but if there was any oxygen down there, water, steel, and a little kickoff of valance shell electrons doesn't fare to well on any forwardlook car.... lets hope for the best- coming up soon!!!  in more ways than one.

i'm going to miss it in person unfortunately- i remember back in 97, myself, john paxos, adam, my friend bob and a few non-listers thought we may be able to round up maybe 12 or so people/cars to go---- its just going to be too hectic- and now there are going to be too many hands in it anyway.  i'll just have to visit a few people and watch it on tv.
let me know if you know who will becovering it- as to watch in the NJ area

See what's free at AOL.com.