Re: [FWDLK] electrical problems - off topic car

Re: [FWDLK] electrical problems - off topic car

mrdonr@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

This may be off topic but I figured the general concept would still apply to Forwardlook cars and frankly I don't know who else to ask. I have a 1967 New Yorker that just recently started having ignition problems. Sometimes when the key is turned on, nothing comes on like the battery is dead. Sometimes, I can get one crank out of the motor before the enitre system goes dead again.

The first time this happend, I thought it was the battery or a bad ignition switch so I proceeded to hot wire it with a jumper from the coil to the battery. As soon as I connected the jumper, the entire ignition came back on since the key was still in the 'on' position. I was able to start the car with the key once a jumper wire was attached.

There is 12v current at the at the main terminal on the switch even when the problem is happening. I have replaced the ignition switch with a known good one thinking it might be bad without any change in results.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Don Roberts

FIRE WALL CONNECTOR!!??!!??!!??!!??!!??

Probably needs unplugged, cleaned good, terminals all checked, inside and out, then lightly sillycone greesed and replugged.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy