[FWDLK] Tulsa

Hi All,
    Got home here to Wisconsin about noon central today from Tulsarama!    Great time...Great cars!  I met a lot of great guys from Fwdlk...and a few women as well!  The bunch from New Zealand and Australia were quite entertaining in their own rite.  Tulsa itself was warm in it's welcome to all it's visitors...Thank You Tulsa!
    Now...the sad news...and most, if not all of you have heard it already...  Water, mud and time sank any hopes of a beautiful, like new 57 Plymouth emerging from mother earth.  But in my humble opinion, we were priveledged to witness a great piece of history.   A not so "physically" pretty car surfaced, but, to so many of us onlookers, no matter what shape she came up in, she is a real American icon that should be preserved just as she is.
    I want to thank Mark Hash from Oregon for stepping up in his TV interview and voicing his, and what I believe to be the over whelming opinion of those who were there.  LEAVE HER ALONE!
    As many of you have heard,   Clod Boydington and his Wrecking Crew got their mitts on "Miss Belvedere" and went to destroying a vent glass on the driver's side in front of all the world to see.  They also seemed intrigued with grinding the mud and grit in to the front bumper of the car.  Apparently they are mesmorized by all that glitters.   Duh, guys, all that glitters is not always gold!
    At approximately 3 PM the afternoon of the unveiling, I and my brother "accidently" entered the convention center arena where "Miss Belvedere" was on stage, and witnessed one "event staffer," and another fella pounding on the drivers side window with a block of wood and hammer, trying to force the window down and open.  This was after they pulled and tugged on the door handles and at least one good kick that we saw.  B.C.stood by and watched. DUH!  After a few short moments of watching this, we were noticed, and sent packing out of the arena.  So, no, they really didn't unveil the car for the first time in front of the paying public, they let B.C. and his bunch of hammers use hammer, screwdriver, and wrecking bar to push, pull, pry, tug, crack, break, kick and rub on her long before we got to watch.  I have at least two photos I took at the time of our "accidental" entry, and I hope I got a pic of the window hammering.
    So, off to Wally World to get all my pics one houred and see what I saw.  I will share any thing of interest with the group.   (I forgot my digital at home, DUH, so all I will have is throw away camera pics...sorry)

Have a good one,
John in WI...

ps:  ...I think there may just be a poem in all of this!  stay tuned!