Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] Radio "Delete" Plate for '58

Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] Radio "Delete" Plate for '58

Hi-

After comparing the textures, I just realized that the metal insert on the door panel on New Yorkers and 300s is of the same material and texture as the metal part of the radio delete plate, and trimmed down, is plenty big enough to cover the hole left by the absence of the radio.

Does anyone have a 1958-only door panel metal insert in decent condition they would be willing to part with?  It could even be from the rear door panels from a '58 New Yorker.

Other than that, has this door panel insert been reproduced?

Thanks
John Spiers

John <spiers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Still looking for a radio delete plate for my 1958 300-D coupe - any out there? I've received an accurate physical description and even found some excellent pictures.

Here's the two part numbers that apply from a 1958 Mopar parts book:

1698239 Clear Plastic Face
1830624 Aluminum Textured Piece

I've tried a couple of the major players out there, along with www.partsvoice.com - nothing so far!

Thanks for lookin' !