Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 7:10 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] "Belvedere brouhaha"

I want to make a suggestion.  A lot of discussion has been going on relative to what will become of Miss Belvedere.  A lot has been said about not touching her. Leave her alone.  OK.  But do we think that she can continue to limp around with a loose rear axle?

What if we were to undertake providing a set of springs for her, to at least make her transportable and provide her some dignity while on display.

Now I know that this Friday someone will be named as owner but if she is awarded with the rear wheels rubbing on the wheelhouse, well, we might never get a chance at preserving her.  I am sure the Dodge dealer would install them and I will bet she will continue to be a tourist attraction through the summer.

My thought turns to having Mike Eaton..spring supplier to the 300 club, make up a set and ship them out.  I would bet a $5.00 contribution from everyone would meet the $300 or so price tag. I don't consider this restoration. Even if she was in her youthful glory she would probably need some spring work.   Let's discuss this suggestion in a reasonable tone and see if there is support or other suggestions on what we as a club can do.  I met a lot of fine MoPar people this past week. I bet if we had a collection can next to her for preservation we might have filled it.

While we were in Tulsa and not necessarily watching the evening news last Friday,  I am told that Miss Belvedere was on the ABC evening news with Charlie Gibson.

Marv

See what's free at AOL.com.