Re: [FWDLK] "Belvedere brouhaha"

the answer is simple. They will auction the car off and put the funds in escrow for the eventual winner.
Ray

On Jun 20, 2007, at 3:00 PM, cpollock@xxxxxxxx wrote:

---- Ray Jones <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Most  likely, a museum will buy it from the new owner.
But then, I think that she should be marked right down the center Front
to back.. One half should be cleaned up and the other half should  be
left as removed from the vault. That way everyone's happy. And you can
view it as found and walk around and see how bad it is after cleaning.
Ray

Hi Ray,
Not a bad Idea on how to display her. It would give you the 'Before/After' perspective when it goes on display.
My ONLY concern right now is this-
IF they do not find a 'winner' for this contest, the car must be held by the state for 5years. That being the case, you can bet you eye-teeth they aren't going to try to perserve it for that 5 year time. How much more damage will happen if it is left to sit in a warehouse for 5 years. It may look bad- but it could be MUCH worst.

Guess we'll find out.

Charles.