Re: [FWDLK] Plymouth rises again !???!

Jan & Roger van Hoy wrote:

Interesting article, a bit negative, by "Bob Sheaves, 30 year veteran of the auto industry."

He says he wishes a Plymouth like the old Plymouth division would come back, but it probably won't. Also that it would cost $500K for the name and $8 billion for three line product development.

No one ever called me an expert [!], but if DC could re-badge Dodge Sprinters and Neons it seems like they could put a Plymouth badge on their new entry-level car.

Also, since they kept the copyrights on their old names [eg Lancer, Challenger, Charger] wouldn't they have kept Plymouth?

--Roger van Hoy, Washougal, WA, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '56 Plymouth, '66 Plymouth, '41 Dodge

Hard to say here, it would probably take an answer from their legal beagle types PLUS info from the marketing division as to why the estimate of a half million just to reserwreck the name.

My very preliminary thinking ponders the $$ for all new signage that would be needed to return the name.

AND at some point in time Chrysler let some of the names go unprotected.
Remember the recent problems with the 'Firepower' ??  A case in point!

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy