Re: [FWDLK] Car insurance new thread

Title: Re: [FWDLK] Car insurance new thread
Good explanation.

My current agent gave me no attention, screwed up my wishes two times, and
failed to get the coverage on my 69 Formula S set up the way I wanted. I have
a lot of vehicles. I called the office and dealt with the agent's husband who is
her, I don't know what.. assistant office boy ?  I cancelled five vehicle's coverage
and in doing so explained to him that that was money he could have been getting,
but he was not because I was Pi%%ed with their poor service. He said  "OK" and
changed the policies. No other reply... no nothing.

I visited her office and explained that I didn't just fall off the turnip truck and I had
a pretty good idea what I wanted, and what a good agent could do.  No change.

I tracked down the woman who previously worked for my good agent "John".
I am switching my coverage to her office and new agent. State Farm closed
John's office and gave half the business to an existing agent and half to a new agent.
I live thirty miles away, so they transferred me to my closest agent. I sent in a
request to change to the new agent, 33 miles away.

State Farm notifies the current doofus.
The current agent, and pain, is now offering to take me to lunch, communicate better,
and take care of my policies.  Her husband is still a dud.  Her staff has changed
three times in the last year. They are pushing to sell me insurance and investments.
I laugh and tell her I wouldn't trust her with my car insurance, why would I let her
have any more of my business ?  They don't get it.  She said the old agent called me
and asked me to come back.  He didn't. He is dead.  I want to go back.

She thought she would tell stupid old me what I should do.
I have to do an exit interview and explain it to her, again.
For my $8000 a year business, I deserve better.

I was told by another agent that her office is being closely watched by State Farm.
She has no lee-way.  That doesn't account for bad communication skills.

I'm being resisted by State Farm, but soon I will win.
The right agent is everything. In this case, the agent is new, but her in-office staff
is my old crew from John's old office.  We know each other.

Tom S
southern Ohio