From: eastern sierra Adj Services <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Jun 28, 2007 9:19 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] 61 Rammie Dodge
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I haven't had the chance to read any of the new messages, on this car,
today, so, at the risk of boring anyone, here's what I've learned about
this Ebay car, today.

The Seller is VERY friendly, and communicative. He doesn't know what
kind of monster-car, he has.

If I had 25K lying around, now, I'd go Buy-it-Now.

Simply put: the car body (straight/complete): 10K, easy:
complete/running 413 engine w/Hurst 4-speed: 10K, easy.

I'm going to send separate close-up pics, of the engine stamping number,
and a separate pic, of its Paint/Trim plate (from separte submissions)
from the Seller, today.

As the pics may take-up all the allowable "size", of a message, I'll
discuss them, in this message.

The engine, is from a VERY early  300 :
" 413 C-300 ; 9-18-62 " ; no production/sequence number appears on the
stamping.

The P/T plate shows that the car has a very LATE  "Scheduled"  built
date :  08/23 .

So, what engine did the car have, whenever it WAS built?

1961 Dodges had engine stampings of :
R 41 1xxxx (for a Raised Block  413 c.i. engine

(or: R 17, R 22, R 36 or R 38 ).

Dodge offered THREE versions of the  413 engines in 1961 :
a single 4 bbl version (known as "Super D500" OR : " Maximum Special
Police Package #2 " --same engine as 1961 New Yorker-- AND, the rammie
versions: (short-) "Maximum Special Police Package #1 ;    and the
(long-ram):  "Maximum Special Police Package #3", aka : "Super
Ram-Induction D500"---which was the 300G motor.

Amazingly, there are some very-informative publications, which discuss
the various iterations of the 383 ("D500" ) and 413 rammie engines.

The 10/61 Hot Rod is particularly interesting.

It graphically shows the short ram & long ram intakes, together (the
shortie has  its "dividing wall" , down the middle of the rams, end
about half-way along the rams' lengths).

The article also shows: " the  Suggested option for Dodge is the Hurst
floor shift conversion kit to fit the heavy duty three-speed
transmission...".

This car's seller states that the car now has a 4-speed trannie, but,
that the car looks like it never had a column-mounted shifter.

So, what IS this car?

The P/T plate confirms that it is a 2dr sedan COMPLETE-stripper model,
(no-NOTHING) with manual trannie, that was "Scheduled" to have been
built, very late in the model year.

The P/T plate in 1961 does not confirm the engine application.

I asked him , late today (major brain-fart) to check under the rear
seat, for the Broadcast Sheet.

The car has a very EARLY 1962 "300" engine, that does NOT appear to have
any 'production/sequencing' numbers, on it.

And so, with no further ado, I will Forward the pics of the engine
stamping, and the P/T plate in two additional postings.......

Neil Vedder