Re: [FWDLK] Here's the engine stamping......

Re: [FWDLK] Here's the engine stamping......

R is used to designate all 1961 engines, at least V8s.   I have a 1961 300G, and the engine code is R41HP.  R for 1961, 41 for 413 and HP fof the crossram version of the 413.  There are no dates or other numbers.  My understanding is that a 1961 383 engine (not crossram) would be R38. and a 318 would be R31.   As John Hertog noted, beginning in 1962, there was also a date, such as 0918 for September 18th.

Best regards,

Jim in Illinois