[FWDLK] WATER PUMP LISTING IS WRONG AT AUTO PARTS STORES

[FWDLK] WATER PUMP LISTING IS WRONG AT AUTO PARTS STORES

John,

    I really appreciate you taking the time to e mail the photos of the 2 water pumps for your 1957 Fury 318 engine. Both or your pumps are the same as my water pump on 1956 Fury 303.. However the gasket that most of the parts stores are selling has changed. The gaskets look the same-------exactly the same-------until you put them together like in the photo below. Then you see that they are not even close. Then you start to turn them left to right and upside down but at no points do they match.
Be careful if you ever need a gasket. Take the pump with you to the parts house or they will tell you that you are mistaken----------but it is their books that are showing the wrong gasket.
All the Parts stores new books show that the 318 engine is the same from 1957 to 1992. They only show one 318 engine and it is not the wide block that was made up until 1966. This wrong listing could effect the 277,and the 301 engines in 56 and 57 Plymouth V8's as well as all 318 wide block 318 produced up until 1966.

                                         SEE PHOTO BELOW
Ron

See what's free at AOL.com.