Re: [FWDLK] Hi, rear end!

Neil, I bought a new 69 Barracuda with a 318 4-speed and it came with the 8 3/4 rear. I know that all of the 318 automatics and three speeds came with the smaller rear axle. You may be looking for a rare bird. Just back from Carlisle, good weather and great company. Lots of discussion on Tulsa and Forwardlook Saturday night at the movies was Buried Belvedere unearthing and unvieling. Best of luck with your project. Dick W. ----- Original Message ----- From: "eastern sierra Adj Services" <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 3:59 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Hi, rear end!

I'm interested in installing an about 2.94:1 differential (on my car) ,
and read in my 8/07 Hemmings Classic Car that the early 70's
Valiant/Dart with the 318 V/8 had this ratio.

Would this third-member be for  a 8 3/4" rear end; which series would it
be (741? ), and would it bolt up to "our" axle housings????

I haven't started calling on finding one, which will, undoubtedly
require an overhaul, anyway.

Anyone know of a w.y. that would specialize on the Vals/Darts?

Neil Vedder