From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jason Rogers
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:03 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Flathead 6 Oil Filtration Improvement

My '55 Belvedere, with its run-laps-around-any-V8 flathead 6 (good-natured satire) has the original-style bypass-flow oil filter, attached to the side of the engine.  Over the years I've used the sealed-canister replacements (e.g. NAPA 1035), but those seem to be getting more rare.  I see one vendor peddling one such filter on eBay for $50 plus S&H.

So, does anyone know of a conversion, private or commercially-available, to full-flow engine oil filtration for this engine?  It seems like it'd be easy to install an adapter to the existing oil filter lines to utilize a spin-on filter, but that would still be filtering only part of the engine oil.

Thanks,
Jason.