Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 10 Jul 2007 to 11 Jul 2007 (#2007-2)

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 10 Jul 2007 to 11 Jul 2007 (#2007-2)

What are the dimentions of the batery hold down. I have maybe 3 at home but I can't remember the sizes. They may be for the 6 volt battery. Was it wet and rainy in Carlisle this year? I was planing togo but I ended up here in Anchorage, Alaska for 2 weeks. Alaska is a wonderful place with beautiful sights and steep mountains. We were traveling down the Old Glenn Highway last evening at about 10:30 PM with the sun still low on the horizon when I spotted a DeSoto--maybe an early 50's. I had my daughter make a state police 180 degree turn to go back and got a few photo's. There were 2 50's DeSoto's in the front yard, one being a station wagon. I didn't see any other mopars. Maybe 3 Cadillac hearse's and an old truck of some sort. Other GM's of the 50's and early 60's were there. We didn't get out of the car as it was late, but bright out. I should arrive back home July 22 or so. I panned for gold yesterday and got a few stones and almost fell into the creek. The water sure is cold here!!!
Jack  In Alaska  (Shinglehouse, Pa)

Quoting a57fury@xxxxxxx:

Another possibility is finding a plastic holder.? They are around, but usually a red color.? I scrape the plastic a bit and paint them black.? They seem to hold up well.? Don't scratch the plastic to much.? If you do, you'll see the marks through the paint.

John Paxos

Oakland, NJ

'57 Fury

'57 Belvedere Convertible