[FWDLK] Hagerdy Insurance

It's good that Chris had a good experience, with his claim, but Hagerdy
was essentially telling its insured, to go handle his own claim, and
that they would sit-back, and review hi/his shop's
paperwork, and if they agreed with his sweat-equity (as in finding his
own repair parts and chroming-facilities, etcetcetc...) they would
tell their confuser system to cut him a check.

Even so, the confuser apparently got confused
and believed that Chris had not complied with THEIR claim-instructions,
to him, and so, wanted to cancel his policy.

Chris' experience is typical with what occurs  with a claim, called into
one of the  insurance companies, which are known as being a : "Direct
Writer" of coverage, like Geico, or USAA, which do not have their
coverage be sold by a local  independent insurance agent.

When you have a simple claim, the claims-process can be uncomplicated;
but, your company will expect you to do THEIR job, for them (as part of
your "low" premium  rates) , and NOT all claims, which initially appear
to be un-complicated, end-up BEING un-complicated, from  an almost
infinite variety of intervening reasons/causations.

As I am not trying to sell insurance to anybody, here, my professional
opinion is that your insurance needs are best served by a COMPETENT
local insurance agent, and not by some disembodied voice (perhaps
talking to you from 3rd world country...) .

No claims: no problems.

Neil Vedder