Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:44 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] the ones that got away

Back in '87 I bought a '58 Plymouth Belvedere 2-dr hardtop, a '58 Plymouth Belvedere convertible, and a '57 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr hardtop from a junkyard that had about 1000 cars ranging from 1939 to 1962.  These were all pretty rough cars that ended up being parts cars because I kinda had "tunnel vision" for the '58's back then.  What did I pass on in that wrecking yard that ended up being crushed?  (Among MANY others) A very solid 1960 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible with a cross-ram set up, a restorable 383 4-bbl 1960 Chrysler 2dr hardtop with a factory floor shift three speed,  and a '58 Dodge Sierra Wagon with a 2X4 big block engine.  I could've had all these cars for $100 each, but I was 20 years old and a broke college kid then.  It makes my stomach churn to think about it know.

Jim Pennington